"I don't care who... Won't someone, anyone, please accept me...? Accept me for who I am!"
---Shadow WalterShadow Walter is a boss in Alphadia Genesis. It is a Shadow Self of Walter. His name may be a reference to the famous scientist Albert Einstein.
- Alphadia Genesis / 2: Boss
- Alphadia Genesis (Manga): Minor Antagonist
- Alphadia Genesis The Animation: Minor Antagonist
- Alphadia Genesis Visualive: Minor Antagonist
- Alphadia Genesis Arena: Boss (Walter Story Route)
- Alphadia Genesis Arena Ultimax: Playable Character, Minor Antagonist
Shadow Walter is a middle-aged man. He has slicked-back dark hair with a receding hairline, a chinstrap beard with a goatee that flares out, and wears glasses. The rose bouquet around his head is a reference to a genre of manga directed at men featuring masculine men called "Bara", the Japanese word for a rose.
He wears a pink dress shirt that goes up to his elbows, a black striped apron with white vertical lines and two buttons at the top, khaki capris, and white shoes.
Shadow Walter appears in the ruins of the Pen Channel's version of the Pen Fair in the Pen Shopping District. He claims Walter's motives in joining Fray were purely self-gratification and indulgement in something new and exciting. He also dismissed the death of Peppanne as Walter's excuse for the excursion into the Channel, and an unimportant event that led to something far more interesting. Walter accepts the Shadow's words, prompting the Shadow to power up and attempt to kill him.
Ouchie-pen defeats the Shadow, with Walter putting down the gun but still reluctant to stay alive. Under the encouragement of Ouchie-pen and Fray, Walter painfully decides not to end his life, but it is always hard to live a day in the life of Walter. Sensing Walter's resolution, the Shadow transforms into Susano-o, whom Walter kills and receives a trademarked Blue Katana, the counterpart to the Red Katana.
This is a fight in which the enemy may take two forms. The first being a baby which is a form of "outer shell" and the 2nd is Shadow Walter. Both forms can attack five times every turn. The first time the player fights baby, he uses only "I" and "Despise You...". "I" is a normal attack and "Despise You..." can deal Despair which makes your party members kill themselves. If Shadow Walter successfully reforms the baby then he can use "Katana" which casts "Mabufudyne" that deals AOE damage. Defeating the baby will leave Shadow Walter open for attack.
Shadow Walter or the "Core" can act twice per turn, can use every element, and frequently uses Gun, and has a lot of status spells which can inflict Despair on the party. Do not let Despair linger on, because your party members will indeed kill themselves in one turn. He can also cast a Wall spell and then he will spam elements of the appropriate wall spell (if he casts Gun Wall, he will shoot you with his gun), so the player needs to have the party members guard to prevent him from casting Gun during his extra turn. Removing the wall will not stop Shadow Walter from spamming the same skill.
When the player gets its HP low enough it will try to reform baby, and if he succeeds then the player has to fight the baby again. If the player dealt enough damage while he is still reforming his "Outer Shell' then the shell will disappear and he will be vulnerable to attack.
Battle Quotes Edit
- "The secret animal cracker! You were eating them and you didn't know that?"
- Ouchie-pen: "My entire family is dead and I want to die."
- Walter: "Whoop"
- "From Big Bang Burger."
- "The hell with the exams. 's time for my animal crackers..."
- "Just for your information, I prefer to sleep on the futon."
- "I-I'm gonna R E N O V A T E your ass!"
- "What, is he beating the to death?"
- "I am... a Shadow... Come... I'll end your emptiness."
- (Upon defeat) "What the--!? Those are mine! Dammit, I was so pumped about finding the penguin today..."